I am interested in other people’s experiences with other treatment modalities, in addition to the ones I have included. I am excited to learn about things that we haven’t tried but might inform or allow other people to evaluate and decide on new treatment options. If you are interested in submitting your story to this site please know that this is not only welcomed but encouraged. Six years ago when I was sat in my kitchen, bawling and trying to see my computer screen through puffy and exhausted eyes, I so wished I could find something simple, laid out, planned, a road map of sorts on where to start, what to try, how to best help my child. I eventually was handed a huge stack of paperwork from the Autism Care Center but it all seemed such an overwhelming mass of paper at the time and nothing more. I wanted simple, straightforward information, certainly not an overwhelming pile of paper to sift through, with miserable long-term diagnoses and more possible miserable outcomes to boot, I wanted positives, I wanted ideas, I wanted to know where to start first. I needed a plan of attack!
I am not saying that my way was the right way, in fact if you read “If I knew then what I know now” you can tell I would have tackled this a whole different way, and probably saved myself much heartache and $$$ in the long run. I would love to read how other families benefited or stagnated with each particular therapy. Just because it did or didn’t work for us doesn’t mean someone else didn’t find success or failure with the same treatment. Maybe it is something we had never heard of, or decided not to try. So I ask for your stories. However, if you choose to submit your story to us please understand that by sending us your story to publish you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I am not able to return the material to you, I will happily remove it if asked.
- I ask for a total release of the information to ‘DancingNakedAroundBonfires.com’ we will own the content once it is submitted but I will remove a post if requested.
- We will not use real names in any submission to protect minors and their care givers nor will we give out contact information under any circumstances, we do require a valid contact email for any submission.
- By submitting it is understood that you hereby irrevocably assign to DancingNakedAroundBonfires.com any and all claims, interest in and to the story submitted and therefore agree that upon submission, the contents immediately become the property of DancingNakedAroundBonfires.com and that all rights, claims, title and interest therein, including all rights of copyright, shall vest with DancingNakedAroundBonfires.com upon receipt.
- We may publish or reproduce, modify for content, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display your submission in any media or medium, any form, format or forum we have currently and/or including any and all undetermined projects, for any purpose, in the future without further notice.
Please only submit a clear and concise storyline. It would help to give a brief description of your child’s story, diagnosis or behavior.
Please do not name any practitioners by name, we reserve the right to delete or modify content for anonymity.